Meet Steve and learn more about his personal and family information and his work history for Tulsa County.
FAMILY & PERSONAL
- Married 25 years to Tulsa Veterinarian Dr. Christine Kunzweiler.
- Steve & Christine have three daughters.
- Member Christ the King Parish, Catholic Church
- Juris Doctorate, University of Tulsa School of Law, 1988
- Bachelor of Science, University of Missouri, 1984
- Chief of Criminal Prosecution for Tulsa County DA Tim Harris
- 24 years of experience as a criminal prosecutor
- Sent hundreds of dangerous criminals to prison for murder, armed robbery, child abuse, rape and other violent crimes
- Supervisor for 35 prosecutors in Tulsa County DA Office
- Helped oversee prosecution of 12,000 felony and misdemeanor crimes in 2013.
- Established no tolerance protocol for drunk drivers who injure or kill others in Tulsa County and serves on Governors Impaired Driving Prevention Advisory Council
- Implemented policy of mandatory prison time for felons using firearms
- Developed DA’s program to use therapy dogs to comfort child abuse victims and accompany them to court to testify.
- Member Attorney General’s Task Force to Combat Human Trafficking
- Supports alternatives to incarceration and treatment for non-violent crimes through Drug & DUI Court, Veteran’s Court, Women in Recovery and Mental Health Court
- Strong Defender of Victim’s Rights