DA Kunzweiler has saved taxpayers money
- Overseen the successful prosecution of hundreds of violent crimes, taking dangerous criminals off the streets
- Led the state in working to keep non-violent offenders out of jail and prison when possible, while still holding them accountable for their actions.
- Restructured the office to initiate a vertical prosecution model to allow for more efficient prosecution as the same attorney handles a case from start to finish. It allows prosecutors to work more closely with police officers, witnesses and victims and provides specialized teams so that the most experienced attorneys handle the most egregious and complicated cases – homicides, child abuse, sexual assault, robberies and gang crimes.
- Implemented a new digital case management system which will improve the efficiency of prosecution and limit the time it takes to file charges.
- Ordered cost-saving measures that save the taxpayers thousands of dollars including ending rent at a satellite office by moving that division into the courthouse, digitizing office work to save thousands in paper and printing costs, and modernizing purchase practices.
- Kunzweiler’sprosecution and trial record is outstanding. He also serves as mentor and supervisor to 50assistant district attorneys and oversees prosecution of several thousand felony and misdemeanor cases each year. Not content to just prosecute crime, Steve also works outside the office with law enforcement, legislators and many others across the community to improve our criminal justice system and protect the citizens of Tulsa County.